This session outlines the demands of future wireless multi standard base stations and how Freescale's StarCore MSC8156 digital signal processor can meet these system demands.
- Baseband Market Evolution and Freescale Focus
- MSC8156 DSP Highlights
- Device Block Diagram
- New DSP Core and Platform
- MAPLE-B – Baseband Accelerators
- Hardware & Software
What You'll Learn
- View trends in wireless basestation standards and data rates.
- Describe the base station features of the Freescale StarCore MSC8156 Digital Signal Processor.
Understand the StarCore DSP Core Architecture and system caches
- Describe the MSC8156 MAPLE-B data rate performance capability for WiMAX, 3GLTE FDD/TDD and UMTS systems, and WCDMA, HSPA+ systems.
- Identify evaluation boards, reference development systems, and development software for MSC8156 design.