The Sandpoint evaluation system demonstrates the capabilities of Freescale Power Architecture processors
and the Tundra Tsi107™ Power Architecture Host Bridge. The Sandpoint Evaluation System is the ideal platform for software development and debug, as well as for hardware development.
The Sandpoint evaluation system provides an example that can be used in designing other systems
based on implementations of the Power Architecture instruction set architecture, and a platform for developing
and debugging software for these processors and associated bridge chips.
The motherboard inside the Sandpoint evaluation system is an ATX form factor with PCI Mezzanine
(PMC) connectors that accepts a processor module. The processor module options are listed below.
Links to the processor module web pages can be found under Evaluation/Development Boards and Systems
on this page.
Archived content is no longer updated and is made available for historical reference only.
View Product Image
- One MPPMC slot for a processor board (PrPMC compatible with PCI arbitration extensions)
- Four 32-bit/5V PCI slots
- PMC and PCI slots auto-sense/auto-select 33 or 66 MHz operation
- Two standard 16650-compatible ESD-protected serial ports
- IEEE 1284 parallel port
- Floppy disk port
- Two ATA33 bus-master IDE ports
- PS/2 mouse and keyboard connectors
- 8K NVRAM/BBRAM
- Real-Time Clock
- Switch-selectable operating modes
- Advanced Power Controller ("soft on/off")
- LED monitors for critical functions
Sandpoint X3 PMC Module Processor Options:
Each PMC includes at least 64MByte of SDRAM already installed. Debug monitor software, DINK32, is also
provided with the system. Options include:
- Pre-Configured Linux Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Valis X3 MPC7457 PMC Module (PPCDEV-SP3-7457)
- Pre-Configured Linux Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Valis X3 MPC8245 PMC Module (PPCDEV-SP3-8245)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Altimus X3 MPC755 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-755)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Altimus X3 MPC7410 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-7410)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Gyrus X3 MPC7445 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-7445)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Gyrus X3 MPC7447 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-7447)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Gyrus X3 MPC7447A PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-7447A)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Valis X3 MPC7451 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-7451)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Valis X3 MPC7455 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-7455)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Valis X3 MPC7457 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-7457)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Unity X4 MPC8240 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-8240)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Unity LC X1 MPC8241 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-8241)
- Sandpoint X3 Motherboard with Unity X4 MPC8245 PMC module (PPCEVAL-SP3-8245)
Discontinued PMC modules can be found in the archives.