The use of this software enables the user to implement simple touch sensing applications with little hardware requirements.
Just connect an electrode to the microcontroller GPIO, and the Proximity Sensing Software will detect presence with a simple measurement algorithm. There is no need for special peripherals such as ADC or an analog comparator.
Click on the block diagram for feature details.
Software Proximity Solution
Freescale has prepared a software, GUI and hardware solution to get your sensing application up and running right away:
- Proximity Sensing Software - Compatible with more than 300 Freescale microcontrollers, the Proximity Sensing Software manages multiple configurations of touch pads, sliders, rotary positions and mechanical keys. Click on the block diagram for more features.
- KITPROXIMITYEVM - Generic Electrode Board. This board features three different electrode arrangements: a slider, a rotary whee and an 8-key touch pad.
- GUI Software - Graphical Interface that communicates through the S08 BDM interface. Compatibility with ColdFire and RS08 coming soon.
These tools create a solid base to start your proximity sensing application.
Using Proximity Sensing
Proximity Sensing solutions allow you to detect the presence of
objects without relying on physical contact.
- Intuitive - The use of sensing electrodes
allows flexible user interface designs, from simple linear sliders, to rotary
wheels and touch pads, providing significant usability advantages.
- Reliable - convenient to use without moving parts
- Cost Effective - Using proximity sensors
allows the designer greater freedom, while reducing overall system cost.
The consumer can now enjoy a more appealing, intuitive interface with a more
from our Proximity Solutions