Sensor fusion is a process by which data from several different sensors are "fused" to compute something more than could be determined by any one sensor alone. An example is computing the orientation of a device in three-dimensional space. That data might then be used to alter the perspective presented by a 3D GUI or game.
Freescale has a comprehensive suite of Sensor Fusion Tools available for your use.
- Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs
- Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Android
- Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Windows
- On-line training, documentation and videos
- A variety of hardware options on which to run your sensor fusion applications.
The Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs is an easy to use software library for development of best in class sensor fusion applications. The current version is CodeWarrior-based. You can download a free, node-locked version for evaluation and development using the links on this page. Contact the Freescale Software Services Team for production licensing support options.
The Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Toolbox (both Android and Windows variants) offers convenient visualization of fusion results and are 100% compatible with the fusion library template programs. Both tools are compatible with Xtrinsic MEMS and magnetic sensors, Freescale’s ARM™ Cortex M0+, M4 and M4F portfolio, and a variety of Freedom-compatible development boards. The Android version of the tool can also demonstrate sensor fusion applications using the sensors native to your Android device. Both tools are supplied free of charge.
When you download the Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Library, you receive precompiled versions of the template applications. These can be installed on your Freescale Freedom development platform via a simple drag and drop operation. You can start experimenting with sensor fusion options before you even begin software development.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
The Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs offers pre-built fusion templates for a variety of Freescale Freedom boards supporting Kinetis ARM Cortex M0+, M4 and M4F processors. Full documentation, on-line training materials, and free node-locked license for evaluation and development are included. The Fusion Library includes Freescale's award winning magnetic hard/soft iron compensation, along with support for 3-, 6- and 9-axis fusion options, programmable sampling, fusion rates, frame of reference, etc.
Contact the Freescale Software Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on production licensing, support options, and engineering services available for the Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Library.
- The Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs requires CodeWarrior 10.6
- The Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Windows requires:
- 32- or 64-bit versions of Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8 with .NET 4.0 or higher
- Minimum screeen resolution 1280 x 800 pixels
- The Xtrinsic Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Android requires Android 3.0 or higher and, if using it to visualize fusion library results, an FRDM-FXS-MULTI-B board
- Software & Tools
- Development Tools
- Connect With Us