Freescale provides the broadest portfolio of energy efficient, 32-bit microcontroller products for low-power applications enabling the Internet of Things. The Kinetis MCU portfolio includes devices based on the ARM® Cortex®-M4 core with Floating Point Unit (FPU) and the Cortex-M0+ core.
The scalability of the Kinetis MCU portfolio enables a range of low-power MCUs from the high performance Kinetis K series to the ultra-low power Kinetis L series, providing industry-leading energy efficiency.
Kinetis MCUs achieve lowest power possible through:
- Low-power boot: Non-volatile control bits to set default chip clocking upon powering up to optimize for lowest power during the boot process.
- Intelligent clocking: Various clock sources and multipliers to set the clocks for peripherals, or CPU, across all power modes, allowing scalable performance as needed to meet application needs.
- Ultra-efficient processing: The world’s most efficient processor cores (Cortex-M) supplemented by Freescale proprietary accelerators for real-time control and computation.
- Flexible low-power modes: Numerous power modes to power gate memories and peripherals to allow dynamic and static power optimization for a wide range of use cases.
- Autonomous, low-power peripherals: Peripheral operation and functionality with decision making capabilities in power down modes, saving precious energy by extending time spent in sleep.
Learn more about the Kinetis MCU portfolio here.