Freescale is a company that believes in working smart. US Employees working at least 20 hours a week are eligible for Freescale benefits. It's all available to you and your dependent family members from your first day at work.
When am I covered?
You and your dependents are covered from your first day of employment.
Who is covered?
You can enroll yourself, spouse or domestic partner and your children up to age 26.
Freescale Medical Plan
Your Freescale Medical Plan offers you the opportunity to build your own medical and prescription drug plan by tailoring specific features to meet you and your family's health needs. Just answer four questions about your benefit needs and you will have built a medical and pharmacy plan option. The Freescale Medical Plan carrier is Aetna. Caremark CVS is the prescription drug carrier.
Freescale Medical Plan Maternity Care Program
The Freescale’s Maternity Care Program is a confidential, no cost to you service provided by Aetna and administered by registered nurse case managers. The objective of the Maternity Care Program is to promote early treatment and healthy pregnancies. It offers expectant parents a comprehensive schedule of prenatal care, free information and baby–care supplies.
The Freescale Dental Plan offers employees and their family's preventive, restorative and orthodontic services. While you do not have to visit a Humana network dentist to receive dental benefits, you can take advantage of lower rates and increased savings by seeing a Humana network provider.
The Freescale Vision Plan offers a national network of ophthalmologists and optometrists administered by Vision Service Plan (VSP).
Flexible Spending Account
Health Care Flexible Spending Account
As a participant in the Health Care Flexible Spending Account plan, you can contribute up to $2,500 in pre–tax contributions for qualified expense reimbursements. Any money contributed to these accounts must be used for expenses incurred in the same calendar year or the money is forfeited in accordance with IRS guidelines.
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
The Freescale Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account lets you put away money tax free for dependent care expenses. As a participant, you can contribute up to $5,000 in pre–tax contributions for qualified expense reimbursements. Any money contributed to this account must be used for expenses incurred in the same calendar year or the money is forfeited.
You will receive numerous benefits to help get you fit and help you stay healthy.
Freescale activity center membership
Many of our Freescale sites offer on-site fitness facilities.
Perhaps you already belong to a gym near your home or you prefer to exercise away from work. If you choose to join a non-Freescale fitness center, you can apply for the $240 wellness reimbursement.
Staying healthy is the best way to keep your medical costs down. That's why several preventive care options are offered to you, including:
- On-site health screenings
- Flu Shots
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) screening
On–site health screenings
Our on–site health screenings include:
- Lipid profile
- Blood pressure
- Test results are mailed directly to your home.
Global business medical and security assistance
Freescale provides medical, travel and security assistance for employees who travel for international business. Benefits include:
- Immunization services
- Health and safety travel advisories
- Medical assistance while traveling
- Additional travel resources available via Freescale's ISOS site.
Basic Life Insurance
Any Freescale employee who is scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week will receive life insurance and business travel accident insurance at no cost. Free will preparation services are available to you and your spouse/domestic partner covered by this benefit.
Supplemental Life Insurance
Supplemental life insurance for you, your spouse or domestic partner and/or children is provided by Minnesota Life. The insurance cost for coverage is based on age, tobacco–user status and the amount of coverage you elect.
Short–term and long–term disability insurance is offered to Freescale employees at no cost.
Employee Assistance Program
When you need emotional support, contact the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Through EAP, you receive a confidential program with access to a licensed counselor 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
EAP benefits include:
- Confidential program with access to a licensed counselor 24/7
- Up to four EAP sessions per person, per issue
- Unlimited management consultation and workplace support services
- Access to a customized network of EAP providers
- APS HelpLink online resource at: www.aetnaeap.com
- Prescreened community resources
- Expert legal/financial consultation and referral services
Your LifeCare Service offers resources and helpful information for all aspects of your life. Some LifeCare topics and services include:
- Childcare and Parenting: locate resources within your budget and near your home
- Family: receive educational “kits” with free products and information for children and elder parents
- Education: view Web seminars on a variety of topics
- Health and Wellness: take advantage of medical information
- Financial Resources: review tips on how to maximize your savings and increase wealth
- Daily Life: discover useful tips and resources
Freescale eDeals is an online Employee Purchasing Program with discounts at 28,000 merchants. With Freescale eDeals, you save on everything from groceries, movies, tickets, appliances, cars, clothes, electronics, vacations and personal care.
At Freescale, you are eligible to receive reimbursement up to a maximum for eligible adoption expenses.
Finding a reliable, high quality child care provider is challenging. At select Freescale locations, you'll find on–site or near–site child care options. Discounts and help locating child care around the country are available through LifeCare.
Long–Term Care Insurance
Long–term care insurance is provided by CNA. This benefit is available to you and eligible family members; participation is voluntary. You pay CNA a premium for coverage. If you or a covered family member requires long–term care services, your insurance reimburses you for eligible expenses, up to the limits you choose. Premiums are paid through payroll deductions.
Paid Time Off
Our employees enjoy several paid time-off opportunities that can be used for vacation, personal or family illness, personal business, family matters or religious observances. We provide paid time off for bereavement and jury duty, and help individuals arrange various leaves of absence, maternity leave, military leave, as needed.
For a small hourly charge, someone else will manage some of life's more tedious tasks for you. Some of the tasks our concierge will perform include:
- Taking your car for service or cleaning
- Ordering flowers, balloons, gift baskets, etc.
- Addressing and mailing invitations or holiday cards
- Shopping for everything from gifts to groceries
The 401(k) plan offers you the opportunity to save for your retirement. The more you save during your working years, the more freedom, flexibility and comfort you can expect to enjoy later in life.
Some features of the Freescale 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan include:
- Immediate eligibility and automatic participation
- Immediate vesting
- Pre–tax employee contributions
- After–tax employee contributions (Roth 401(k))
- “Catch–Up” contributions if you are age 50 or older during the Plan year
- You may contribute up to 75 percent of your eligible compensation, not to exceed the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) limit
- Freescale will match your personal contributions dollar–for–dollar up to 5% of your eligible compensation
- A choice of investment options including a self–directed brokerage account
Determined by the competitive market pay rate for your job, your skills, experience and job performance.
Mission is to attract, motivate, and retain exceptional talent by creating an environment where we clearly differentiate pay for our outstanding performers. All employees are eligible for Freescale bonus plan.
On the spot awards
Provide spot recognition for above and beyond performance and demonstration of results.
Diamond Chip Award
The Diamond Chip Award is a global, team-based award created to recognize teams who collaboratively demonstrate Freescale Fundamentals with excellence:
- Customer Focus
- Great Talent
- Impeccable Ethics
Nominations must be in direct alignment of, and significantly impact our Strategic Priorities:
- Fortify the Core
- Reinvent Key Processes
- Create a High–Performance Culture
The award winning team's business challenge will demonstrate a high level of complexity. The team may be cross–functional and/or cross–regional in nature.