A Safe Eye on the Road
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) are systems developed to assist, complement and eventually substitute the driver in the complex process of controlling a vehicle. ADAS provide features including adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitoring, lane-departure warning, night vision, lane-keeping assist and collision warning systems with automatic steering and braking intervention. Predictive ADAS are designed to prevent accidents by taking partial control of the car's movement. These automated safe systems are paving the way for tomorrow's fully autonomous cars.
From today's safety assisted vehicles, to tomorrow's autonomous cars, Freescale is driving the world's most innovative ADAS solutions with our Auto, MCU, Analog and Sensors and Digital Networking portfolio expertise.
- Rear-view camera systems help drivers identify an object or a person behind a car, allowing the driver to back up and maneuver safely. Read More
- Smart rear-view cameras analyze video content for object and people detection and support full local image processing and graphics overlay. The distance of objects can be measured, and braking intervention can be triggered. Freescale's solution allows a very small form factor due to the high degree of integration, ease of programming via a high-level abstracted software development toolset and low power consumption. Read More
- A highly integrated multicore MCU optimized with powerful DSP extensions analyzes the high-resolution video content and detects objects. Freescale solutions enable a cost-effective, multipurpose forward-looking camera for adaptive headlight control and lane-departure warning or lane keeping. Read More
- Multi-camera surround-view park assist systems display the area surrounding the car onscreen. The perspective moves dynamically depending upon the trajectory of the car, allowing the driver to easily recognize any hazards. Advanced systems use up to five high dynamic range megapixel cameras connected by a cost-effective link such as LVDS or Fast Ethernet. Read More
- 77 GHz radar systems support adaptive cruise control, pre-crash protection and collision warning systems with and without automatic steering and braking intervention. Freescale's scalable radar solution supports manifold modulation schemes, allowing one radar transceiver to be used for multiple safety applications. Read More
- For use in automotive radar, automotive advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), automotive safety systems and other high-performance communication infrastructure and industrial systems. The MR2001 77 GHz radar transceiver chipset is scalable for multi-channel operation enabling a single radar platform with electronic beam steering and wide field of view to support long-range radar (LRR), mid-range radar (MRR) and short-range radar (SRR) applications.
- Read More