Vampire draw is the loss of power that occurs when an AC adapter is plugged into an electrical outlet, but isn't charging a device. Freescale's Watt Saver Solution completely eliminates vampire draw when a device is disconnected or fully charged, making the world greener one battery at a time.
Our innovative no-load consumption for AC adapters, or Watt Saver solution, prevents the wasting of power in an AC adapter when:
- A rechargeable device is not plugged into the AC adaptor.
- A rechargeable device is plugged in but the battery is fully charged.
- An AC plugged-in device is in stand-by mode.
Freescale's Watt Saver Solution is patent-pending and includes a standard 8-bit MCU, along with customized Freescale firmware, that together help reduce overall power consumption. Other sensors, RF and analog circuitry can be integrated for more complex implementation.
- Cellular phone chargers
- Portable electronic device chargers
- AC adapters for notebook PCs, netbooks and tablets