We understand your industry is constantly requiring smaller, faster, higher-performing devices at the lowest cost possible. At Freescale, most of our product wire bond package portfolio is offered using copper wire—including the highest automotive grade products.
All of our packaging technologies are designed to offer:
- Mature, highly reliable packaging
- Many variants optimized for specific applications
- Halogen and Pb-free options
We invented this low-cost array interconnect technology in the early 1990s. It is now a de facto industry standard. Today we offer many BGA solutions in high volume for markets ranging from consumer to safety critical automotive segments.
Our BGA product portfolio range for array interconnect pitch is 0.4 mm - 1.5 mm, 21 - ˜1300 I/O and is offered in standard and thermally-enhanced products.
Now offering alternative package options—our Package Your Way program is for select Kinetis MCU families where pin out and pricing information is readily available. These devices are then committed for sampling and production based on demand.
This simple and typically low-cost packaging is still the best solution for many applications. Freescale offers a full range of these packages from traditional options such as QFP (Quad Flat Pack), LQFP (Low Profile Quad Flat Pack), TQFP (Thin Quad Flat Pack), PLCC (Plastic Leaded Chip Carrier), SOIC (Small Outline Integrated Circuit) and TSOP (Thin Small Outline Package), to the the innovative Quad Flat No-lead (QFN) and Power Quad Flat No-lead (PQFN) package families.
- Standard offerings
- Small Outline (SOIC, TSSOP) packages
- Quad Flat package variants (LQFP, TQFP, QFN)
- Innovative packages tailored for delivering optimal performance with form (thin, <0.5mm) factor, fit (fine pitch) and function (high power, high thermal products)
Our most advanced solution, RCP is a new packaging and assembly technology that eliminates wire bonds, package substrates and flip-chip bumps. This industry-leading, proprietary technology offers a 30-80% reduction in size and thickness over traditional packaging solutions.
A small, cost-effective, highly integrated solution for the most demanding applications:
- Extremely flexible technology that is SiP- and PoP-compatible
- High density heterogeneous integration of ASIC, PMIC, high frequency RF, optical, MEMS, sensors and passive components
- Ultra-low K compatible
- Advantages in speed and power management
Industry-leading scalable, compact, low-cost SiP product solutions that deliver monolithic-like performance while integrating differing semiconductor device technologies and materials.
Passive devices can be included to deliver highly functional integration for digital and radio frequency applications.